- Taking long walks holding little hands
- Being excited over a free translation of Euclid’s Elements
- Planting a garden that the deer are most likely to eat
- Teaching children at home, in the woods and anywhere else life takes us
- Telling time using the sun, stars and moon
- Taking the time to learn something new
Who Am I?
I’m a mix of many things. I’m a geek. I have a Masters in Electrical and Computer Engineering and do occasional part time programming.
I’m a homeschooling mom. My girls are C, age 10 years and R, age 7 years. We’ve been homeschooling in an eclectic secular style ever since C started Kindergarten. Both my girls were recently diagnosed with CAPD (Central Auditory Processing Disorder). My oldest was also diagnosed with ADHD and Dyslexia. Both of them are extremely creative and energetic.
I’m a student. A few years ago I gave myself the goal to teach myself all the math, science and history I wish I had learned in high school and college.
I’m a lover of life. I love gardens, art, good books, walks in the wood and quiet times curled up with my family.